Download poster here:
Frequently asked questions
1. What is Advik?Advik is an international festival about anime, comics, manga, games and Japanese culture. It is the member of the Comics Salon and IstroCON family.
2. What is manga?Manga is a Japanese term for comics. It is a sub-group of comics, a comics in its own right.
3. What is anime?Anime is an animated movie based on comics.
4. How can I buy a ticket?A ticket can be bought in pre-order on our web, in Ticketstream or Ticketpro stores or at the location of the festival.
5. Will it be possible to buy a ticket on the spot?Yes, it will.
6. How can I order an accomodation?Please email us and we will try to help you.
7. How does the pre-order process in BRLOH work?In a Ticketstream of Ticketpro store, it is possible to pay cash of by card for the entrance tickets.
8. How does the pre-order process on the web work?You may order on the web, then you will receive an e-mail, and pay the cost according to the e-mail. Unpaid reservations are not counted in and will be discarded.
9. Why can't I take a dog or another pet to Advik?Considering the amount of visitors on Advik, pets are a potential threat to other people and their health.
10. Who do I have to talk with to ask something about Advik?There is an icon "contact" in the left menu. Just send an e-mail to the first contact.
11. Where is the Advik program?There is an icon "program" in the left menu. Click on that icon and you’ll discover an Excel sheet with the program, if it has been released already.
12. Can you please send me the programme or something else by e-mail?No, we can not, sorry. The program and other information are always published on the web on time, and we really do not have the time to answer everyone personally. The program is on the web, available for download (see previous question).
13. Why does Advik even exist and what is its goal?Advik wishes to spread and popularize the so called pop-culture of comics, anime, manga, games and Japanese culture. It wants also to dispose of prejudice and intolerance within the general populace and to introduce it to this kind of culture. One of the main goals is the support of Czech authors and the publicity of their artworks.
14. When will be the next Advik?28.7.- 1.8. 2011.
15. Why do the organisers even do Advik?Most likely, they are crazy enough to do this work for free for others in order to amuse them and to help the authors and artists in Czech Republic.
16. What do I have to do to cooperate with Advik?I contact the organizers using the contact on the web.
17. How will I know where which salon is?I look at the map or watch the arrows on the walls.
18. What is the purpose of pre-registration to the competitions on the web?Except for the computer competitions, registration is mandatory and you are not allowed to compete without it, because it is necessary to prepare for the competition in advance. In case of computer competitions it is not mandatory, but it gives you an option to reserve a place in the competition. In case of insufficient capacity, registered competitors will have the privilege of taking part in the competition.
19. What od I have to do after the pre-registration to some tournament?I will come to the place of the selected tournament and confirm my presence.
21. When are the game tournaments played?As specified in the program, right after the registration is finished.
21. What are the prizes for the competitions?Nice and valuable, for sure. It is useless to ask the people that organize the tournament on site, we do not publish the list of prizes in advance.
22. Where is the map of the festival?You receive it together with the program at the entrance, also, there are large maps on each floor.
23. What will happen if I buy a ticket using pre-order?You approach the pre-order table at the place of the festival, there you will receive a ticket.
24. May the foreigners pay with Euro?Yes